Asphalt Driveways: Consider alternatives to Rock Salt When Using Deicers on Asphalt Driveways.
Rock Salt & Ice Control HQ carries a variety of ice melts that are better suited for use on asphalt driveways than rock salt. In addition to American Rock Salt and ice melt, we carry construction and snow removal equipment rentals. Rock salt and ice-melts can be ordered in wholesale/bulk, 50-lbs bags or pallets. Our fast delivery and A+ customer service will ensure you quickly receive the product best suited for your needs. Our customer service is known for their expert advice. We often get questions regarding the use of rock salt and ice melt on asphalt. As such, please consider the following aspects when choosing a deicer. Our deicers may contain the following ingredients, or a combination.
- Calcium Chloride Crystals, Flakes or Pellets – Calcium chloride is a favorite deicer amongst professionals. It is available in crystal, flake or pellets. It effectively works with temperatures as low as -25 degrees Fahrenheit. It is fast acting, quickly forming a brine, while releasing heat. As a result of these properties, your asphalt driveway is safe from adverse effects of freeze-and-thaw cycles (e.g., cracks and holes) at very low temperatures.
- Magnesium Chloride Pellets – Magnesium chloride ice melt are also a popular choice. It’s exothermic properties melts snow and ice down to temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Again, avoiding the destructive results of freeze-and-thaw cycles at lower temperatures than what is found with rock salt.
- Calcium Magnesium Acetate – Calcium magnesium acetate is an extremely effective ice melt. It not only is effective down to temperatures of -25 degrees Fahrenheit, offering greater insurance against potholes and cracks, but is also a preferred choice when used around pets and children.
Safer Than Salt Commercial Ice Melt Product Description
Safer than Salt — (manufactured by the Kissner Group) is widely respected by Ice Control experts for its exceptional characteristics including:
- Outstanding ice melt, capable of working to negative 25 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Widely respected for being safer than many competing products for many surfaces including brick, concrete and wood decks.
- More environmentally friendly and pet friendly than many competing products.
- Advanced safety rose coating enables extra visibility when applying and ensuring consistent coverage.
- Precision formulated for commercial applications.
- Advanced CMA (Calcium Magnesium Acetate) coating and Magnesium Chloride coating.
EnvironMelt Ice Melt Product Description
- Widely respected as THE Green Solution.
- Advanced formulated ice melter with CMA (Calcium Magnesium Acetate) for exceptional melting characteristics.
- Renown for being not as harmful to landscaping vegetation including grass, trees and shrubs.
- Concerned about Children and Pets? EnvironMelt is less harmful to children and pets than many competing products.
- Advanced engineering enables EnvironMelt to form a protective coating on the surface, which provides an essential layer of corrosion protection for concrete and wood.
- Exceptional care taken in formulating to result in less tracking problems and residue problems when used according to manufacturer instructions.
- EnvironMelt Ice Melt is manufactured by the Kissner Group, a leading manufacturer of advanced ice melters and de-icing products in North America.
(Enviromelt Ice Melt is manufactured by the Kissner Group)
Call us for more information, business hours, and all your snow and ice removal needs and information at:
585-292-9870 (Rochester NY) or 607-347-4455 (Ithaca NY)
Sign-up for the Duke Company’s Rock Salt & Deicer Alerts
Text ‘DUKESALT’ to 55469 to receive text messages regarding our hours, extended hours, schedule changes and discount opportunities.
Industries we serve:
Grocery Retail / Wholesale
|Hardware / Home Centers
Hospitals / Nursing Homes
Lawn & Garden Centers
|Parking Lot Maintenance
Schools / Universities
Transportation / Airports