Rock Salt & Ice Control HQ (a Duke Company) is here to assist you this winter with your winter snow and ice removal needs. We carry various deicers and American Rock Salt/road salt in bulk, bag or pallet.
The following are some basic considerations when shopping for ice melt, deicers or rock salt:
- Calcium Chloride Crystals, Flakes or Pellets – Calcium chloride is a favorite deicer amongst professionals. It is available in crystal, flake or pellets. It effectively works with temperatures as low as -25 degrees Fahrenheit. It is fast acting, quickly forming a brine, while releasing heat. As a result of these properties, your asphalt driveway is safe from adverse effects of freeze-and-thaw cycles (e.g., cracks and holes) at very low temperatures.
- Magnesium Chloride Pellets – Magnesium chloride ice melt are also a popular It’s exothermic properties melts snow and ice down to temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Again, avoiding the destructive results of freeze-and-thaw cycles at lower temperatures than what is found with rock salt.
- Calcium Magnesium Acetate – Calcium magnesium acetate is an extremely effective ice melt. It not only is effective down to temperatures of -25 degrees Fahrenheit, offering greater insurance against potholes and cracks, but is also a preferred choice when used around pets and children.
Safer Than Salt Premium Ice Melt Product Description
Safer than Salt — (manufactured by the Kissner Group) is widely respected by Ice Control experts for its exceptional characteristics including:
- Outstanding ice melt, capable of working to negative 25 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Widely respected for being safer than many competing products for many surfaces including brick, concrete and wood decks.
- More environmentally friendly and pet friendly than many competing products.
- Advanced safety rose coating enables extra visibility when applying and ensuring consistent coverage.
- Precision formulated for commercial applications.
- Advanced CMA (Calcium Magnesium Acetate) coating and Magnesium Chloride coating.
American Rock Salt (in Bulk, Bag or Pallet).
- Comprised of 100% natural Sodium Chloride (NaCL).
- Also known as Halite and Road Salt, is part of the inorganic salt chemical family.
- Crystalline solid is white and off-white, and has no odor.
- Safety note: American Rock Salt complies with the Toxic Substance Control Act.
- Use common sense when handling Rock Salt & Road Salt by wearing eye
protection, breathing protection and avoid contact with your skin.
- While naturally occurring, Rock Salt should NOT be ingested.
- To avoid caking, store Rock Salt in a dry area with less than 75% humidity.
- 100% mined in the USA at the American Rock Salt mine located in Hampton Corners, south of Rochester New York.
Download Helpful MSDS & Product Information:
MSDS Material Safety Data Sheet for Rock Salt Bag
Call the Rock Salt & Ice Control HQ (a Duke Company) at 585-292-9870 (Rochester NY) and 607-347-4455 (Ithaca NY) for more information, business hours, and all your snow and ice removal needs and information.
Sign-up for the Duke Company’s Rock Salt & Deicer Alerts
Text ‘DUKESALT’ to 55469 to receive text messages regarding our hours, extended hours, schedule changes and discount opportunities.